Thursday, November 19, 2009

My Mom-in-law's Chicken/Turkey Casserole Recipe

Last year on the day after Christmas, I got a recipe from my Mom-in-law for a great way to use leftover turkey.

Brian had mentioned that his mom had always made this when he was growing up and he had really enjoyed it.

My mom-in-law is always so good about sharing her recipes, so when I asked her for it she gave it to me with no hesitation.




The other day, I thought about that dish, and I began craving it. It works just as easily with chicken, so I exchanged chicken for the turkey, and we enjoyed this meal all over again.

Lord willing, I plan to make this after Christmas again this year with our left over turkey. It is one way that eating turkey does not get old.




Mom's Chicken/Turkey Casserole Recipe
  • 1 box of stuffing (I chose chicken flavored)
  • 1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup (or Cream of Chicken Soup)
  • 1/2 can of milk (use the can from the soup)
  • cooked chicken or turkey
  1. Prepare the stuffing according to the directions on the box.
  2. Mix the soup and milk in a small/medium casserole dish.
  3. Add the chicken/turkey to the casserole dish.
  4. Sprinkle the stuffing over the chicken.
  5. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
  6. Let it sit for 5 minutes before serving.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails