Friday, July 3, 2009

Mommy's Helper







Okay, so I'm not sure how obvious it is, but I love my little girl so very much. I think she is the sweetest, funniest, prettiest, and smartest baby girl I know (and for all of this, God gets the credit). Yes, we may have a bit of an attachment issue going on here- she usually only wants Mommy-, but I am so thankful to have been blessed with this amazing gift packaged in the little person known to us as Addie (Adelaide, for any of our new friends out there).
Sometimes, Brian and I watch her in amazement and just wonder what is going on in that head of hers. Take for example, the picture where she is surrounded by groceries. After a successful morning of shopping (great deals!), Addie came to my grocery bags and began looking inside of them. My sister, who had watched her for me while I went out, began handing Addie the nonbreakable items. At first I just thought it was cute how Addie wanted more "stuff" to put around her. Only after I looked at the picture did I realize that she, completely on her own, had grouped the "like" items together. Notice the paper towels, cereal boxes, toothpaste boxes, tubes of Pringles, and the Crystal Light. I am just in awe of God's hand upon this child's mind, and I am honored to call her my baby. My aunt Ruth was so excited when she heard how much Addie liked playing with groceries, because she had already gotten Addie a little grocery basket with cute little plastic produce in it. She played with that nonstop the day she got it.
Addie also likes to put things into containers. Anytime I scrapbook (which hasn't happened much lately), I know that as long as I give Addie my left over papers she will be happy. On the day pictured, I cleaned out my remnants, so Addie ended up with quite a bit to play with. After a substantial mess had been made, I brought out the waste paper basket and put a few papers in it. Addie jumped in and started "cleaning up" for me. Once the process became a bit boring, she walked away to play with something else, but I did not have much to pick up.
I am so blessed with my little Addie. She has been given to us as a gift from God, a treasure, and a reward. I am so thankful for the little person that she is becoming, and my daily prayer is that God will help Brian and me mold her into the young lady that He desires her to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails