Saturday, August 15, 2009

Some Decorating

My mother had given us the rod-iron decoration for Christmas 2007, and since then it has hung there looking very lonely. I have wanted to do something in the space below it for a long time, but had not had any ideas until recently. My mom-in-law and I (and, of course, Addie) had gone to Marshall's a few weeks ago where I saw the letters. I loved the idea of having the intials to our names hanging above our bed, but since I learned from Mom that decorations should always be done in uneven numbers and proportionate to the space, I knew I needed something else. I bought the letters, which were originally cream colored, and spray painted them brown. I had been given a picture of Brian and me dancing together at a friends wedding (one of my favorie pictures of all time) that I had enlarged to a 5x7. Addie and I went shopping a few days later at Michael's where I found the frame. It was on clearance for $4.97, and I had a coupon for an additional 25% off of regular and clearance prices. The frame cost me a total of $3.75. So for under $20.00 I was able to decorate a part of our home that had looked bare and lonely for some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails