Saturday, November 14, 2009

December Daily Base Pages Part 1

Just thought I would show you the beginnings of my December Christmas Album. The pages are all prepared in advance so there is less thinking on my part and more enjoying the time with my family. I checked the calendar to see which days I would need to arrange for more pictures to be included, but otherwise, I just asked God for creativity and had fun. I can always add to the album as events come up, but there is no stress in creating elaborate layouts for each day.



The first picture/page is going to be an 8x8 picture of the decorating of the house. Honestly, that is part of the celebration, isn't it? I'll just choose my favorite picture of the decorating procedure and print it out as an 8x10. I have no aversion to cropping pictures (I can be pretty ruthless about it). With foam stampa and acrylic paint, I stamped the word "Prepare" directly onto the page protector.


Day 1: It is a baseball card holder that has been cut down and can hold 6- 2 1/2x 3 1/2 inch pictures on each side for a total of twelve pictures. I can also add patterned paper in the slots if I don't have enough pictures for all of the slots.



Day 2: I cut the paper to be 4x8 inches, machine stitched along the edge, and sliced the remainder of the page protector off. I stamped the number 2 with acrylic paint directly to the page protector.


Day 3: This was actually a left over page from a previous scrapbook project. A little strip of patterned paper on the side, a circle spot, and a number 3 cut out of patterned paper complete this happy little page. (You can see the back side of day 2 on the left.)


Day 3 Side 2: I covered the base page with polka dotted paper, a journaling spot, and a handmade tree made up of scraps.

Day 4 Side 1: I have a personal die cut machine (oh my, it is old!). I punched out an envelope, closed it up completely, and then used a scalloped border punch to reopen the envelope.
Look for more updates in the upcoming days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails