Saturday, May 15, 2010

Saturday Recipe Swap- Old Fashioned Rice Pudding

Yesterday was my clean-out-the-refrigerator-check-which-leftovers-I-can-turn-into-dinner-tonight day. One of the leftovers I had was about 2 1/2 to 3 cups of cooked white rice. I knew I wouldn't be using it as part of our dinner (believe it or not, Brian requested a frozen pizza for dinner so he could eat the leftovers for lunch while I am out today), but I also didn't want to just get rid of it. I went looking through one of my many cookbooks to see how I could use the leftover rice as something completely different from how I would usually use it. The recipe that caught my eye was this one from Fix-It and Forget-It Cookbook p. 238. Quick, easy and it passed the Brian likes it test!

Don't forget to check out Kristi's blog to see what she has cooking in her kitchen.


Old-Fashioned Rice Pudding


Ingredients


  • 2 1/2 cups cooked rice
  • 1 1/2 cups evaporated milk (or scalded milk)
  • 2/3 cup brown or white sugar
  • 3 Tbsp. soft butter
  • 2 tsp. vanilla
  • 1/2-1 tsp. nutmeg
  • 3 eggs, beaten
  • 1/2- 1 cup raisins

Directions

  • Mix together all ingredients. Pour into lightly greased slow-cooker.
  • Cover and cook on high 2 hours, or on low 4-6 hours. Stir after first hour.
  • Serve warm or cold.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails