Monday, June 14, 2010

Me

I noticed some dust on my sofa table the other day, and I almost panicked.  Why had I overlooked that?  Oh, that's right, I have spent a lot of time on the floor coloring in coloring books of Elmo, Winnie the Pooh, Mickey Mouse, and spring time animals.  I have had more tea parties than I can count.  I have played house with baby dolls.  I have watched Rays baseball games and gone on walks with my hubby.  It made me think about what was important to me and (gulp!) to tell myself that it is okay to not be perfect (oh, but I wish I was!).  I sat down and made a scrapbook page just to remind myself of that.  The following is the journaling to that page.

I am not perfect.  I don't always have good hair days. My home does not always look the way I want it to.  I don't always wake up at 5:30 a.m. There are days when my hamper has laundry in it.  There are days when I don't look presentable until just before Brian comes home.There are days when we eat leftovers instead of a freshly cooked meal.  There are mornings when I have to make Brian's lunch instead of having it ready the night before.There are nights when I fall asleep on the couch because I wore myself out during the day.  There are days when I see the dust on the coffee table and I ignore it.  There are days when rather than chop up the vegetables, I stick them in the fridge to do when I need them.  There are days when I choose to play with Addie instead of clean or do laundry...and it's okay.You see, one day it is not going to matter that my house was clean and organized, that my laundry was always done, that a new meal was on the table.  What will matter is the time I spent making memories with my husband and daughter, that I took the time to color every page in her Elmo coloring book, that we put Mr. Potato Head together in every way imaginable, that we put her dolls to sleep and woke them up just to put them to sleep again.  That I made our home a place that Brian looked forward to coming each evening, that I spent time watching his sports games on TV, that I took time to listen to and share in his ideas and dreams, that I was the best friend I could be to him.  So relax, Suzette.  In all reality, I would rather hear God say, "Well done thou good and faithful servant," rather than, "Suzette, you kept a clean house...but where is your family?"

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails