Monday, June 28, 2010

Stories

Me- between one and two years old.
Beginning in the next few weeks, you will see stories of me, us, my family, my childhood, my teen years, my single years, my teahing years, our early married life, early parenting, and so on.  I feel that it is very important for me to get these stories written down for myself, my husband, and my child(ren) so that we can always look back and "remember when".

My mother was good about writing down prayer requests and when God answered them, when we did little things as children, and little notes to us telling us how much she loved us. In fact, we have found notebooks of her prayer lists and notes from her devotions.  But there are so many things I wish I could ask her or at least refer back to now that she is gone.

Two Christmases before Mom passed away, I made a scrapbook for her and my dad using pictures from their dating years entitled "He Said, She Said".  Thankfully we were video taping that Christmas morning, so I forever have Mom's reaction to opening the gift.  However, she and my father never wrote down the answers to the questions.  And although she had told us the story many times of how she and dad met (Dad had a crush on her back in Junior High), I would have loved to have had both of them write their answers for Addie to one day read about.  Instead, she will have to depend on my memory to tell her how her grandparent's met, fell in love, and got married.

For that reason, I want to make sure that I write down my memories, stories, and rememberences.  I want my children to always have in some kind of written form the answers to the questions they may have about me, their father, and themselves.  Lord willing, I plan on being here for quite some time, but I still want to make sure that I don't waste time in getting the stories down.  Not only will my child(ren) get to know their mother in a better light, but you will also.  I hope you enjoy reading the stories and getting to know me all over again.

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails