Wednesday, September 29, 2010

BzzAgent Bizz: The Review

I am a BzzAgent.  I am given full sized products to try out and use and then pass the "buzz" along to others about how I feel about the products.  This is an update on my latest campaign.

On Saturday, my scrapbooking friends and I tried out the products pictured below by Elmer's and X-Acto. The glue pen was a real hit.  My friend Cathy uses a glue pen regularly and said that this glue pen by Elmer's was easier to use that the one she usually uses.  I really liked the glue dots.  They hold heavier types of embellishments down well and are permanent.  The one product that no one cared for was the tape runner.  It was hard to use, you were never sure if the adhesive came out, and you had to really work hard to press down to get any of the adhesive on your paper.  Who wants to work hard when they are trying to enjoy their hobby?

 The following are the pages that I made using the products above.  For the layout below, I used the glue pen for adhering the numbers, the glue stick for the patterned paper pieces, and the pink decorative scissors.  These were the photos that friends and family sent us at Christmas time.
 For this layout I used the pink decorative scissors and the glue stick.

This was my favorite layout of the day, but my least favorite to put together since I used the tape runner on this one.  I also used the glue doys to adhere the star ribbon, and I liked the way it held firmly in place.
 This layout was a print out of this blog post with a photo and very little patterned paper.  I used the larger glue spot for under the tag and cut the smaller glue spots in half for under the ribbon.  I preferred the pattern of the pink decorative scissors as opposed to the zig-zag design.  However, it is harder to cut in a straight line when using the scissors.  I prefer the decorative punches to decorative scissors.

 I used the corner rounder on this page.  I actually liked the X-Acto corner rounder better than the rounder I currently use.  It was much easier to use and the rounded corners always came out perfect.  I was also able to use the glue pen to adhere the word "priceless".  I liked the fact that I could use thinner letters/ words on my pages and there was an adhesive that would work with me.


Once again, I used the corner rounder and the tape runner.   
One thing that I loved about Saturday was that these were all pages that I have been "working on for a while but had never completed.  I was able to do them and move on.  I also liked the fact that these pages were partially complete before I arrived at the scrap meet, so I was able to accomplish more in my day.  I think that for next month, I am going to do the same.  Work on getting my pages together in some way ahead of time so I can get more accomplished when I have the larger amount of time.

4 comments:

  1. I love your post! I found it via the link BzzAgent shared on FB. I am also a fellow Bzz Agent, but also a fellow scrapbooker, Christian stay-at-home mom, and a HUGE Joyce Meyer fan!!! Wow, I was amazed at all we have in common!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mrs. Smith, I am so glad you stopped by today! We do have a lot in common:) Have great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, there is. On the righthand side bar is a "subscribe by email" link. Thanks for dropping me a note.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails