Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Fall Is Here


I love fall. The cool weather.  The crisp nights.  The open windows.  The chance to wear a sweater.  The pink noses. One thing I miss about living up north is the change of season.  But guess what?  The weather has been cool here in the Sunshine State!  Nice, crisp, and beautiful!  I have begun hanging my clothes again.  I can now go out and hang them and take them off the line with out melting into a puddle between the back porch and the line. 

This Sunday evening, we went to Grandma, Grandpa, and Corky's house.  When Addie asked to go on the swing, I was excited to go outside with her. But, of course, as most 2 and 1/2 year olds do, she got a little distracted and wandered the backyard first.  We saw Grandma's neighbor's chickens (known to my little person as Cock-a-doodle-doos). 

We walked up and down the fence line with Corky. We ran through the wonderful grass at Grandma and Grandpa's house (they have the only grass that I will walk through barefoot).  We went on the swing (and Addie decided to make it more interesting by swatting at one tall grass everytime she passed it).  Then it was time to knock on the sliding door to the room Grandpa and Daddy were watching the game in just to say hi and blow kisses.  She did that for a while...



Then it was time to explore Grandma's backyard flower bed and pet her ceramic pets.  We also picked some flowers (oops, sorry, Grandma).  Grandma made a pizza and we ate outside since the weather was absolutely beautiful.  Grandpa and Daddy came outside after a while and we played with one of Corky's squeaky balls. 

I am so excited that fall is here.  I can't wait to enjoy some more outdoor adventures with Brian and Addie. 


1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails