Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Three Years Ago Today and an Addie Moment

Three years ago today, Mom went home to be with the Lord. 

Mom, you are missed more than you know, but I know that you are happier than you have ever been.  I look forward to the day when we can see each other again, and I can introduce you to your grandchildren (yep, grandchildren!).  If this baby is a girl, her first name will be Ana, after you. 

Addie is getting to know you through pictures.  She calls you Wai-ma Anne and knows that you live with Jesus.  I know you would be proud of her.  She has a lot of you in her personality- knows what she wants, never sits still, always active, and has great conviction. 

She also realizes that Jesus is the ultimate authority in this home and showed us that on Monday (which should not have surprised us, but it did).  I made her oatmeal for breakfast, which she did not want to eat (I don't remember you being too big on oatmeal either).  I told her that she had to eat at least three bites.  She asked me if she could eat 2 1/2 bites (I recognized this as a total test!).  I told her no, she had to eat three bites.  She looked up and called really loudly, "Jesus?  Can I eat 2 1/2?"  She decided to go over my head to the One that Mommy has to listen to to reduce the amount of oatmeal she had to eat!  Of course, I told her that Jesus wanted her to obey Mommy, and Mommy said she had to eat 3 bites of oatmeal, which she did with no problem after that.

The night we lost you, I thought I would never be able to go on.  However, the God that you taught me to believe in and have faith in has upheld me, and I have moved forward using all of the lessons that I learned from you.  I often wish that you could see the woman, wife, and mother that I have grown into since you left.

I don't know when we will see each other again, but when we do, prepare yourself for a huge, long, group hug/tackle and a big kiss from Brian, Addie, "Squishy", and me.  I love you......

3 comments:

  1. Love you Ana, Suzette, and that Addie Girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Sweet post! I can't imagine going through loosing your mom, but I'm thankful that God is healing your heart! Also Congratulations!!! I'm so excited for you and your family! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this post brought some tears to my eyes. I can't imagine the grief that would come from losing a parent. It's comforting to know though that Christ is upholding you and carrying your family through, just as He always promises to do. =) Also, Addie is adorable! I love it when kids reach that age where every comment they make is something scrapbook-worthy!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails