Tuesday, April 26, 2011

T-Rex

I really wish I knew what was going through this little head.  The things that she says never cease to amaze us. 

We had tried to celebrate Brian's birthday all weekend long.  At each of the family gatherings we attended, I had spoken to the hostess earlier in the week and asked if I could bring a cake or a special dessert for Brian's birthday. I even brought birthday plates and napkins to his grandma's house during the week so he would be completely surprised.  Because my birthday boy was sick, he wasn't able to attend any of the Easter family gatherings this weekend. 

I still had one more chance to make his birthday special for him.  For dinner on Monday night (his actual birthday), I made a small chicken (one of those little chickens that looks like a miniature turkey) with rice and beans on the side.  The chicken had been cooking all day in the slow cooker and was fall of the bone perfect.

Half of the chicken was eaten at dinner, but the other half remained untouched.  That was the half that was facing Addie at the dinner table.  She looked at it and I could see the wheels turning, but I couldn't tell what she was thinking.

"Mommy, it looks like a dinosaur!" 

Some more thinking.

"It really looks like a T-Rex!"

At this point, Brian and I lost it.  It is impossible to keep a straight face around her sometimes, and this was one of those times.  I'm not sure where she has heard of the T-Rex specifically (except for the Toy Story movies).  She does have a little set of dinosaurs that she loves (don't ask me why... I have no idea.) but we have never gone into detail about the dinosaurs themselves. 

I went to take a picture with my cell phone.... and I realized that she was right.  Our dinner did look like a T-Rex.  But I probably would never have seen it if my three year old had not shown it to me first.

1 comment:

  1. She is awesome! I love how little people's minds work!!!! So cool!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails