Monday, July 11, 2011

Another Round of Addie-isms



Now that Addie is attending her Sunday school class every week, we never know what she is going to say when we bring her home.  One day at dinner she came up with this little gem.  "My teacher was very nice. She did puzzles with me. She had a necklace on her teeth." It took us a few minutes to figure that one out.   Interpretation: Her teacher had braces.


She watches us very closely.  While playing "store", she said, "I am going shopping.  I need my coupons.  They are money." At which point I laughed and gave her some of the coupons I would not be needing.


A couple of months ago, when Addie saw our pastor she went running to him to give him a hug.  We saw them talking for a moment before her carried her back to us (all the while, she was hugging him).  While getting ready for church two Sundays ago, Addie was excited to wear the dress we had picked out for her because as she said, "Pastor said this dress is pretty." We then realized it was the same dress she was wearing the day she ran to him... and we found out what they had been talking about.


We have been going to my dad's house once a week to spend time with him and to use his pool.  Once while she and Brian were swimming, Brian had her step out of the pool for a moment.  Then he went under and swam to the other end of the pool.  Addie was looking at me and Dad at the time so she missed Brian when he disappeared.  She looked at the pool, then looked at us, and said, "Oh, no! I just lost my Daddy!"


Becoming a big sister has become a highlight for Addie.  She is always talking to me about how much she loves Ian, how she is going to help me feed him a bottle when he cries (even though we are going to exclusively nurse him), help me change his diapers, how she is going to play peek-a-boo with him to make him laugh, and rock him in her rocking chair.  Recently, she opened the fridge on her own for the first time.  She was so excited as she exclaimed, "Mommy, I'm stronger! It's puz I'm a big sister!"


On Face Book I get a weekly update on Ian's development and I share it with Addie so she can see how Ian is doing. After seeing a recent, I mentioned that his hair is now growing in. She got a huge smile and said, "And I can put bows in his hair!"  (Daddy had some serious issues with that remark)


After our evening program at VBS as I was getting her ready for bed and brushing her teeth, Addie looked at me and while holding her back said, "Mom, my back is killing me!"

1 comment:

  1. This was a great start to a Monday morning! Addie you are super funny! LOL

    Love,
    Auntie Kristi

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails