Wednesday, July 6, 2011

How Do You Explain to a Three Year Old?.... How a Baby In Utero Eats

Michael's Craft Stores is having their summer craft program.  During our visit to her home, Faye (my sister) gave me a pamphlet featuring all of the crafts and activities that are being held there.  I discovered during VBS week that Addie loves making crafts and being crafty.  So we have made it our thing to do this summer in addition to our library time.


On our way home from our first craft time, my stomach began to growl and Ian began to flip flop and kick really hard.  I told Addie that Baby Ian was hungry.

"He doesn't have teeth to chew," she said.  We had already discussed this fact so that Addie would not be tempted to give him anything to eat, especially since she wanted to share her jellybeans with him. 

"No, he doesn't," I said. "Because Ian is in my belly, God has made a special way for Ian to eat.  There is a string that goes from Mommy's belly into Ian's bellybutton.  When Mommy eats food, it goes through the string and into Ian's belly."

I waited to see if she understood.

"Mommy, that is the funny thing I heard!" (Translation: Mommy, that is the funniest thing I've heard!)

And with that she broke down and laughed.

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails