Wednesday, August 31, 2011

An Awesome Dessert

Mom L is a great cook.  She is really good at coming up with delicious casseroles, soups, and other throw together meals without a recipe (seriously, it is a gift!).  She also is known for certain desserts that are staples at specific holidays. You should see the guys swarm into the kitchen and hover around her on Thanksgiving Day when she pulls out the Blueberry Dessert!

Last Wednesday, when we returned from our doctor's appointment, she had another amazing dessert waiting for us.  I asked her for the recipe so I could post it here on the blog.  She not only sent me this recipe but another quick and easy dessert recipe. The recipe below is from the email she sent me describing what she used and how she put it together.

I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.  Thanks, Mom! (Addie's dessert was in the pink bowl.)

Ingredients
  • Crumbled Pecan Sandies cookies (Keebler).  I crumbled 8 cookies for the four of us and was too much but still can use again another time. 
  • Fresh raspberries, reserving one for the top of the whip cream. 
  • Hot fudge (I heated in microwave for about 20 seconds). 
  • Whip cream
Directions
  • Layer a scoop of ice cream, cookie crumbles, raspberries, another scoop of ice cream, cookie crumbles, hot fudge, whip cream and then put the raspberry on top.
(I told you it was easy! Oh and so delicious!)

Here is the second recipe from Mom that I think you would also enjoy.  Happy hosting!
I thought of another dessert you could do that would be easier too.  A brownie Sundae.  You would make the brownies ahead of time.  In bowl layer the brownie, ice cream, hot fudge and whip cream and a cherry on top.  That would be good too!   Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails