Tuesday, November 29, 2011

I've Got the..........

Addie is a riot! I'm sure you've realized that by now.

Because she is three, I have to adjust my thinking and understanding so that when she says something, my response isn't, "What?" or "What are you doing?" or "That's not how you say it!"

When dealing with little ones, if we keep our ears open and are ready to mentally interpret and figure out where their thinking is coming from, it makes for some great (and laughable) moments.

On Saturday, we went to Busch Gardens as a family.  On our way home, Addie burst into song (a mixture of being happy and overtired).  After singing, "Zaccheus" and "The Wise Man and the Foolish Man", we began "I've Got the Joy, Joy...." These are all songs that are on the CD we play for her at nap time and bed time. 

Then, after singing the first verse of "I've Got the Joy", Addie said, "I know another part of that song!" I began thinking.  The other "part of the song" for her meant another verse.  The only other verse that I remember being on her CD is "I've got the peace that passes understanding down in my heart."

And then she breaks out in, "I've got the pizza, pizza, pizza, pizza down in my heart!"

Brian and I started laughing.  And all we could say was, "Addie, you make us so happy!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails