Thursday, January 26, 2012

Fun Survey

Today, I am participating in a fun survey/ answering questions from my friend Kristi over at Keeping Up with Kristi.


12 Fun Facts
  1. I love to laugh- but sometimes I get one of those uncontrollable laughters when I see something completely out of the ordinary that I wasn't expecting to happen (I used to love America's Funniest Home Videos- you know, where people tripped and fell in the most usual ways).
  2. My children resemble my parents more than they do me!
  3. I have had the same basic haircut/ style for about 10 years- anytime I try to change it, I always seem to go back
  4. Spending time with my husband and kiddos equals a successful use of time for me
  5. I sang in Carnegie Hall with my college choir
  6. I also sang in Lincoln Center with my college choir
  7. Oh, and I got lost back stage at Lincoln Center, too, with two "choir mates" who didn't speak English- totally embarrassing!
  8. Oh, and I came down with the chicken pox at Lincoln Center when I was 19 year old. (Lincoln Center holds some traumatic memories for me!)
  9. Brian and I enjoy watching forensic type documentaries (once the kids are down for the night)
  10. I am 100% Puerto Rican, but I don't speak Spanish. Not that I can't, but my Grandma Adelaide once told me that it was easier for her to understand me if I spoke to her in English- and she pretty much only spoke Spanish.
  11. I've been to Canada (by car), the Bahamas, Mexico, Belize, Grand Cayman, St. John, and St. Thomas. (Thank God for cruises!)
  12. The last time I was on a plane I was 6 months old.

Kristi's Questions
1. What is your favorite childhood memory? I have a lot of favorite memories, but I really enjoyed our family time. We would take day trips, go hiking, visit historic sites, have hamburger cookouts at state parks, and have Family Night every Friday.

2. Who do you look up to? My mother. She was the epitome of womanhood. Love the Lord with all her heart, loved her family, decorated like a designer, dressed in style, cooked like a chef, and gardened like one of Martha Stewart's gardeners (we all know she doesn't actually do all of that gardening herself).

Since her passing, God has put many women in my life who each come with their own set of gifts and qualities that make them unique and profoundly special to me.

3. What does your name mean? Suzette means "Lily of the valley or rose" and Michelle means "Who is like the Lord?"

4. If you won $10,000 how would you spend it? I would tithe and then put the rest into savings so that when saw a need come up we could use it to bless others and also use it as  cushion in case of emergency.

5. How come you blog? I blog in order to record many of our family memories, to remember life as it is throughout the different stages (because we know how quickly things change), to share my faith in Christ, and to encourage other women.

6. Where do you feel safest? At home with Brian and my children.

7. What is your dream vacation? An Alaskan cruise with Brian and the kids.

8. If you could speak another language what would it be? Spanish! Wouldn't Grandma be proud!

9. Coffee or tea? Definitely coffee... with caramel machiotto (sp?) creamer.... unless I had Wildberry Zinger Tea....

10. Pen or pencil? Oh, don't make me choose! I love how pens write out my lists and notes, but I prefer to use pencil on my calendar.

11. What was your favorite subject in school? History and geography. I have always loved learning about the way things were, how people used to live, how the world we live in has changed and progressed, how pieces fit together, how the countries that we know developed into who they are, etc.

12. What is the most important thing in your life? My relationship with the Lord and my relationships with my husband and children.

The Rules
1. You must post the rules.
2. Post 12 fun facts about yourself on the blog post.
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post, and then create 12 new questions for the people you tagged.
4. Tag 12 people and link them on your post.
5. Let them know you've tagged them!



12 New Questions for My 12 People:
  1. Where were you born?
  2. Why do you blog?
  3. How many states and/or countries have you lived in?
  4. How many occupations have you had? Which was your favorite?
  5. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
  6. What is your favorite recipe, meal, or dessert?
  7. What is your favorite way to spend an evening?
  8. Other than your spouse (if applicable) who is the one person you are closest to?
  9. Are you a schedule person or a go with the flow person?
  10. What, if any, books have you read in the last year? Which was your favorite?
  11. Do you have an iPhone, iPad, etc.? What is your favorite app to use?
  12. Do you receive any magazine subscriptions? Which do you prefer and why?
People I've Tagged

  1. momto8blog
  2. Amanda at Daes of Our Lives
  3. Wendy at In Wendy's World
  4. Grace at Guarded Heart
  5. Tiffany at Sacred Purpose
  6. Kristen at Kristen's Veranda
  7. April at In My Shoes
  8. Chrissie at The Days of Our Lives
  9. Vicky at Mess For Less
  10. Amber at Ambrosia's Designs
  11. Heather at Mrs. Southern Bride
  12. Kim at The Sasse Life
  13.  

3 comments:

  1. I love getting to know you better suzie!!! Chicken pox at 19= not fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was awesome!! I learned many new things about you!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails