Thursday, February 2, 2012

My Bee Sting


Last week, Addie and I made another footprint bee. We made the footprint in a card for our library teacher who was going to be leaving. After putting the finishing touches on her bee, I took the paint brushes to the sink to clean them up.

Addie jumped out of her chair and said, "I'm going to be a bee!" and proceeded to "fly" out of my range of vision- arms flapping, mouth buzzing, and being the epitome of childhood.

I continued cleaning out the brushes when I suddenly jolted, yelped, and jumped in total surprise.

I had been bitten on the bottom!

I turned around and asked Addie why she had bitten me (She has never bitten anyone before. It didn't really hurt, just really surprised me!).

She looked up at me with the most innocent eyes and said, "I was just trying to be a bee."

For heaven's sake!

The hardest part of parenting is trying to explain how we are supposed to "bee-have" without laughing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails