Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Spring Cleaning Time

I am in the Spring Cleaning mode right now.


My home is a bit disorganized because of it. Yes, everything looks neat and tidy, but I am making different piles in different places that make sense to only me, and I am allowing a bit of dust to stay (ugh!) so that my efforts aren't taken away by the day-to-day jobs but can be thrown into my bigger project..

The first order of business was cleaning a few of my appliances. I went on Pintrest for some ideas and came away with these two sites that I followed as I worked on Monday night with my dishwasher and Tuesday with my washing machine and my shower floor.

20 Mule Team Borax, white vinegar, bleach, and Awesome are my favorite cleaners for this big job. Awesome can also be found at Dollar Tree and Walmart.

My Spring Cleaning focus this week will be my laundry room (I tend to be slow and methodical... and I have to keep reminding myself that my kids need me more than my house does.)

Here is the plan:
  • Empty the laundry room of all except the washer and dryer (Ha! Could you imagine! I'm laughing just thinking about the look of surprise Brian would have on his face if he walked in and found that I had removed the appliances from the laundry room!)
  • Move the appliances (so I can clean under and around them)
  • Scrub the floors
  • Clean baseboards
  • Clean the appliances
  • Clean the hanger shelf above the appliances
  • Replace the hamper (we have begun looking for a hamper that we "love")
  • Clean decor
  • Decide what decor stays and what will be purged
  • Replace everything staying
I'll give you an after photo when I complete Operation Laundry Room (ummm.... do you really want to see it before?).

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails