Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Proverbs 31: 29

"Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all."

There is a general attitude in society today that we do what we can and settle for the mediocre results. A "why bother" mentality has come through and it is so easy, especially as a stay at home mom, to succumb to those thoughts and attitudes.

"Why pick up the toys? They'll only come out again."
"Why bother getting dressed? No one will see me today."
"Why do the dishes? We'll only dirty more."
"Why keep up with the laundry?....as if that is even possible."
"Why clean the house? I'll clean the house when my kids are grown and gone."

If a person in the "work place" had that type of attitude, they would be out looking for a job in no time!

So why is it okay for women to have and foster that type of attitude in the home..... and then get upset when our children don't apply themselves or do their best at school?

Our homes, an our lives as women, wives, and mothers, should help to teach our children that we need to do everything to the glory of God, and that we need to do things not just well, but better than our best.

Although people either love her or hate her, I admire Martha Stewart because she is a woman who has surpassed them all (you are entitled to your opinion and I am entitled to mine). She has worked to become the best in her field, and has surrounded herself with others who are high achievers and are the best at what they do. If you are a mediocre worker, do not bother applying for a job with Martha.

What is my goal in life? To do my job as a wife and mother in such a noble and God honoring way that everyday I surpass myself in what I did the previous day. I am not competing with or comparing myself to any other homemaker, woman, wife, or mother. I am competing with Suzette, myself, and working to surpass her each and every day. And, boy does that wear me out, because that woman just cannot sit still to save her life!

But I also consider my closest friends to be women that are on the same journey that I am on. Working towards being the women that God wants them to be, the best wives and mothers to their husbands and children. They are my "iron" friends who sharpen me as I find myself wearing out and getting dull. They are the ones I text and call and get re inspired by. They are the ones who give me godly encouragement and advice.

I want to encourage you, do not fall into the mediocre rut.
Don't settle for "good enough."
Work to be better than you were the day before.
Compete only with yourself.
Surround yourself with "iron" friends.
And one day may it be said of us, "Many women have done noble things, but you surpass them all."

I want to quickly wish my dad a very happy birthday! I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails