Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Proverbs 31:28


Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her.

I find it ironic that this is the verse that fell on today, because today would have been my mother's 62nd birthday (I always do a post for her birthday).

I have always admired my mother, viewed her as "Super Woman", equated her with the Proverbs 31 woman (in fact, on her headstone we opted for the phrase "Our Proverbs 31 Woman" over "Beloved Wife and Mother"), and spoken highly of her. However, because of modern technology and the wonder of social networking, I have been able to "arise an call her blessed" and now people around the country and world "know" my mother.

There are those of you out there who knew my mother personally, but I think it is safe to say that many, if not most, of you have never met her except through my blog posts. You have learned many things from her because of what she taught me.

Mom, one day, when we all reach heaven, don't be surprised by all of the strangers that come up to you and know you. I was just doing what Proverbs 31:28 said I was supposed to do for a woman who held the qualities of the Proverbs 31 woman.

I pray that I can be the kind of woman you were.

If you are new to the blog and would like to "get to know" my mother a bit better, go to the side bar, and click on the label "Mom."

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails