Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day!

I am so excited to share with you what we plan to do today, Lord willing, in order to celebrate Valentine's Day, and for us the kick off began last night at Awana.

I was asked to bake cookies for the Awana Valentine's party, but since I didn't have as much time as I thought I would, I had to settle for baking the premade cookie dough. This is real life.


After awana was all said and done, I sat and labeled all 60 little packages in these bags with "To: My friend, Love: Addie" for our homeschool group's Valentine's party. My arm is now dead.

 
Plus, Ian had a rough night (teething) and didn't actually settle down to sleep until close to midnight, which meant that I stayed up until around 1:00 a.m. to finish up what I wanted to prepare for today.

For breakfast this morning, we ate these delicious donuts. Not on our normal breakfast rotation, but we can make an exception for special days..... now I just need to check with my Lose It app to see how many calories (if any!) I have left to eat today.


Lately, our schedule has been allowing us to finish our school work by 8:30 a.m., which will give us plenty of time to make a bunch of Valentine's crafts (check my Valentine's board and my Puggles Ideas board on Pinterest to get an idea of the crafts we'll be doing) as well as go to our homeschool Valentine's party later today.

I made Brian a scrapbook/card in addition to the joint gift we chose this year. Thanks to my friend Cathy, who showed me the idea in a magazine, I was able to make it for Brian in one sitting at our monthly scrapbook get together. The book itself is made from brown lunch bags. I then used the few scrapbook supplies I have left to put this together. The bag openings make great places to put extra little notes. For obvious reasons, I took the pictures before adding my gushy sentiments :)




For dinner, I am going off of my dinner menu and making Brian one of his favorites, and Addie and Ian are getting their favorites, McDonald's Happy Meals. The little things go a long way in showing someone just how much you love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails