Thursday, August 15, 2013

Back to School!

Are you ready for school to start?

For some reason people assume that I am eager for school to start so that my daughter will be gone for most of the day. When they say, "I'm sure you can't wait for school to start," I usually know where they are going with it and respond with, "Yes! We are excited for 1st grade this year! I homeschool, so 'back to school' is different for us."

For us back to school means getting back to a more rigid schedule, having morning routines, evening routines, set school times, a schedule that ensures that everything that needs to get done gets done, and cutting back the social schedule.

This post from August 2009 "Prepping the Night Before" is one that really helps us get back into our groove as the school year picks up.

I pray that your "back to school" is smooth and an easy transition. And for you teachers, may God give you the grace you need to have a successful school year.

Tomorrow, Lord willing, I will be posting our "Summer of Memories" Smilebox slideshow as our summer has come to an end. I hope you'll join us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails