Thursday, December 19, 2013

Personalized Gift Tags | Tutorial

We all want to make our gifts the most impressionable. Have some kind of "Wow!" factor to them. Gift wrapping has been taken to so many levels to up the ante on how attractive our gifts look. How we tag our gifts can leave an impression, too.

This year, I took a few of our family photos and turned them into gift tags to be put on our gifts.

Here is a simple tutorial on how to do that for your own gifts.







1. If necessary, resize your photos to 2 1/2 to 3 inches in order to get all of your subjects into a small area for cutting. I first resized my photos to 2 1/2 inches, but I found that the 3 inch size worked better.














2. I chose a 2 1/2 inch circle punch by Reflections. I centered all of the subjects and then punched out a perfect circle.
















3. Most photos now do not have any printing on the back, so writing with a ball point pen or permanent marker will work for writing the receivee. Afterall, they know who they are receiving the gift from ;)

4. Make a little hole punch at the top of the circle and use string, yarn, and silver/gold thread to attach it to your gift.
















5. You can line your tag with scrapbook paper to give the back a finished look. I did that with my first "batch" but it was difficult to punch them out because of the layers the punch had to cut through.

I love that I can personalize the gifts Addie and Ian give to their teachers at church. 

I walk by our tree and look at the gifts all lined up with their little tags and smile. They look darling and so personal.

I hope you give these a try. If you do, feel free to leave a photo of your finished gift tags of The Joy of Homemaking Facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails