Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Real Life Love Stories | John and Ruth

GrandTiti is no stranger to the blog. Her real name is Ruth, and she is my mother's sister, my aunt, and has adopted my children as her grandchildren (hence the title GrandTiti). 

GrandTiti is very special to me. When Mom first passed away, I would call my aunt at any time of the day just to talk and she would always answer (it was just what I needed at the time). We love our yearly visits with her and her family (especially the kids because they get completely spoiled). 

I asked her to share her story because it is so obvious that God brought her and my Uncle Jack (nickname for John) together. When she answered question 2, "How did you know he was the one?" it showed God's sovereignty and hand in bringing them together. 

Here is their story.....

 
1. How did you meet? 

We met in Feb. 1999. I answered a newspaper ad for a Christian man looking for a Latin christian woman. I still have the ad. 

2. How did you know he was the one?
 
Well that's a long story so I will try to make it as short as possible. I held on to a scripture found in Isaiah 62 for 18 long years. Paraphrase: The rejected  woman shall be rejected no more, her name shall be changed, for she shall be married and called Beulah. 

Well, lo and behold, on my third date, my beloved (that's the meaning of John) called me Beulah! 

I asked "What did you call me?" 
He responded, "Beulah." 

I wanted to make sure I heard the name I thought I heard.  Beulah is an old name and not popular, at least not in 1999 it wasn't. 

I then asked, "Why did you call me Beulah?"  

"I don't know," he said. BUT I KNEW IT WAS A SIGN FROM MY GOD. 

3. How did he propose?

How did he propose?  To tell you the truth I can't really remember, but he was always asking me "will you marry me?" And that went on for weeks everyday until I said yes. 

4. How long have you been married? 

We will be married fourteen amazingly wonderful years this coming April 8th. 

5. What has been the best part of married life? 

The best part of married life is being love unconditionally (the good, the bad, and the ugly).  I love sharing life with my husband. I cannot emphasize enough- I love how he loves me.  






6. What kind of encouragement would you like to give to young women in their marriages?

Appreciate one another. 
Pray together. 
Be honest with each other.   
Take time to play.  Big girls and big boys can still play and have fun. 
Ask for Gods covering over your marriage daily.  
Lastly, no one knows your spouse more intimately than you do. So present to God your spouse's weakness and strengths and ask God to do in those areas what you can not do.
Be encouraged.
-Suzette's Aunt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails