Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Real Life Love Stories | Mark and Lisa

Lisa is my older cousin on my dad's side. Of course, I have known her for as long as I can remember. 

I have a very distinct memory of my first meeting of Mark (one I have apparently not yet gotten over!). Lisa brought him to our family's Thanksgiving dinner when I was 8 years old. I was wearing my first pair of clip on earrings, and they were making my ears turn red because they were pinching so hard. 

Mark looked at my ear and said, "Your ear is red." I decided in my 8 year old head that I did not like him! 

Needless to say, I love both Mark and Lisa. I asked Lisa to share some her real life love story with us today. 

You will probably notice that her answer are short, sweet, and to the point. That is Lisa. No clutter. No excess. Which is why she is the one I call on when I have to purge my house! 

1. How old (young) were you when you met your husband?

I was 13 years old when I met my husband in our church youth group. 

2. How did you meet? Where?

We met at our church youth group as friends only. 

3. How long did you date each other before you were married?

2 years 4 months 

4. How did he propose to you?

In the car, in the parking lot of a Mexican Restaurant.

5. How long have you been married?

26 years 

6. What is one piece of advice that you would give to young women who are currently walking through the journey of marriage?

Don't ever compare your strengths and weaknesses with everyone else. It will only discourage you. 

7. What has been your favorite part of married life?

Having a best friend at all times who I can tell anything to.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails