Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day


Happy Father's Day to the fathers in my life. First, God, our Heavenly Father, for His constant love and provisions for us.

Next, to my wonderful and amazing husband who is such a fantastic father to our daughter. She is blessed to have a dad like you. Thank you for not just being a friend to Addie but for being her father and for helping in the correction and up-bringing, even though I know it is not always easy. And a huge thank you for being such a hard worker and going to work every day so that I can stay home with Addie. You are loved and appreciated more than you will ever know.


To my dad- I pray that your Father's Day is as wonderful as you are. You are an incredible father- I know from experience:)- and you taught me a lot during my growing years. I think some of the things I will always remember about you are our inside jokes and phrases that get us laughing and leave everyone else with question marks on their faces, all of the places you took us growing up- state parks, motor boat rides, pontoon boat rides, day trips to historical sites and other places, trips to big malls- they weren't costly but they paid in the memories that were made, and all the times you sat and watched figure skating with your girls because we liked that over football. You are a trooper.


And to my pops-in-law- you have a very special place in my heart. Thank you for loving me as your own daughter and for making me think I am the best baker around (I really appreciate that:). Thank you for being such a great father and friend to my husband (you were his best man because you are his best friend). Because of the example he had in you, he is able to be the father that he is to Addie. Thank you for always being available to us when we need a handyman. You are one of the most self-giving people I know. I love you so very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails