Monday, June 15, 2009

Saving Money Is So Much Fun!

I know we talk about saving money and shopping sales, but let me tell you, it really works. This morning, Addie and I ventured out to Publix, Walgreens, and CVS armed with the sales fliers and coupons. My total saving for all three stores was $95.79 in addition to the $12.50 in extra in-store money that I earned. It does take some time to figure out what is needed (we don't want to buy unnecessary items) and how to best stretch your dollars, but it is well worth the time, effort, and travel. When I took my purchases to the cashier at CVS he said, "Your husband must make good money for you to buy all of these things." I told him that I only shop sales and coupons. When he finished registering my purchases, I heard him say, "Wow, your husband doesn't have to worry when you go shopping." My savings for CVS alone were $53.20 plus $7.00 in store extra bucks. I only spent $39.

I also recommend that you try http://www.couponmom.com/ . They do all of the hard work for you by taking the coupons from the newspaper, matching them to the sales prices at a variety of different stores, and telling you where you can get the best deal from. They also offer a free 10 page ebook that also offers tips and suggestions for saving the most at the store. On Sunday afternoons while Addie is napping and Brian and I are just hanging out, I will go online to the Coupon Mom website and figure out our shopping plan for the week (if it is even necessary). Our pantry is comfortably filled, meals are set for another two weeks, and because of the coupons and sales, we will be trying some things that I would never have bought otherwise.

Hope your week is off to a great start!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails