Thursday, October 1, 2009

In the Cool of the Day


Genesis 3:8- And they heard the sound of the Lord God walking in the garden in the cool of the day..."
Here in Florida we do have changes in temperature. They usually range from high heat, medium heat, and low heat (do we feel like we are in the kitchen?). However, yesterday morning when Brian opened the front door to begin taking his things out to his work truck, we felt the most glorious cool air. Oh, I can't even begin to tell you how wonderful it was! Addie and I went out and walked Daddy down the walkway just to be out in the coolness. In honor of the cool weather, I wore a long sleeved pumpkin colored top with jeans and blue socks with snowmen (maybe I got a little carried away), and Addie wore a cute little outfit with leggings and a cardigan sweater. Yes, halfway through the day I regreted what I had picked out for myself as the temperature began to go back to a low heat (Addie's outfit was easily adjustable), but it gave me the feeling that autumn had indeed arrived, and I was so glad to welcome it. I am going to reroute my deep cleaning and tackle the windows and screens so that I can open up the windows to let the breeze blow through the house. I love the beginning of each season and all of the possibilities and anticipations they bring. Lord, I look forward to more morning like this, and I look forward to meetng with You during the cool hours of the morning when everything is still waking up, fresh and new. I'll be listening for Your footsteps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails