Wednesday, September 30, 2009

The Word Is Alive




Recently, I have begun reading the Bible for my devotions out loud. I'll admit, I haven't been waking up at the crack of dawn like I was, so when I have my devotions, there is a little person beside me. However, it has been wonderful having her there. I began reading my verses out loud to her and found myself stopping and explaining what each phrase and verse meant, just like I used to do when I was teaching. Addie just sits, smiles, pats the Bible, and we sing the B-I-B-L-E, but I have found myself gaining more from my devotions than if I just read the passages to myself. Once again, the Word has become alive to me, and I like that Addie is hearing the Word straight from the Bible, not just accounts from a cutsy book.

The link I have posted for today is a song from (guess who?) Casting Crowns. It is called The Word Is Alive and is a powerful reminder that God's Word is indeed alive, and the evidence is seen in the millions of lives that have been changed all over the world. I hope that today as you read God's Word it becomes alive to you all over again. Click on today's title to see the video.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails