Saturday, October 24, 2009

Weddings...


Weddings always make me think back to our special day almost 5 1/2 years ago. And what a wonderful day it was! It was in the middle of a hot Florida summer, but we were so excited that we didn't feel the heat. My mother had sold her Princess House silverware set in order to gift us the horse and carriage ride- I felt like a princess. We never got to eat dinner (actually we didn't eat at all that day)- here in Florida like clock work around 4:00 in the afternoon during the summer it rains/pours. Our photographer saw the clouds in the distance and rushed us outside with our bridal party for pictures. The only piece of wedding cake we ate was the bite we fed to each other for the sake of the pictures- we did save the top tier for our one year anniversary...so I got to enjoy my wedding cake one year later! Because Brian and I waited for our wedding day to kiss each other, our family (GrandTiti and Uncle Sammy especially!) spent a lot of time clanging their silverware against their glasses. Once, as we were greeting our guests and we were separated, GrandTiti began the clanging to watch us run to each other! (I haven't forgotten!) The funny thing is, none of that mattered! We were finally married after a wonderful one year courtship with no regrets.

Today, my brother-in-law will be getting married. And as I watch him and his bride exchange vows, I'll have my eye on a very handsome groomsman. And I'll remember the last time I saw him wearing a tux. And when the little girl wearing a pink poofy dress and white patent leather shoes in the seat next to me starts asking, "Waas sat?", I'll thank God for the many blessings He has bestowed upon me, beginning with that very handsome groomsman.

The digital papers were a freebie downloaded off of the internet. They are from the Paislee Press Designs On This Day kit ( http://www.paisleepress.blogspot.com/ ). The scrapbook program is Scrapbook Factory Deluxe Version 3.0.

1 comment:

  1. can't wait to see pics of addie...i bet she looked so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails