Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Thank You to Our Veterans and Service Men and Women


I want to take this time to thank those who I know personally who have served in the military during times of war and peace: Uncle Jack, Uncle Johnny, Uncle Luis, Uncle Charlie, Grandpa Don, and my brother-in-law Ricky. I also know many through friendship who have also served honorably. I thank you for your service as well. And I thank God for putting that patriot spirit in you so that the rest of us could enjoy the freedoms that we many times take for granted. We are so grateful that He brought you home.
*****************************************************
I think my all time favorite solo artist is Mark Schultz. His songs are so powerful and heart tugging that you know he has been given a gift by God. Maybe it is a youth pastor thing (he and Casting Crowns minister to the youth in their home churches). Their songs are so relevent to life and are written about and to the Lord. Sometimes they throw in a sentimental song with a powerful storyline like this one. His Song "Letters From War" is based on the letters he found in his grandmother's attic. Click on either the title of the post or the highlighted title of the song to see the artist's video. Enjoy (but have a box of tissues handy)!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails