Thursday, December 10, 2009

Christmas Shoes











I had always heard this song, and it always brought tears to my eyes, but never as much as it has since Mom's passing. If you have never heard this song before, make sure you have a box of tissues handy.

When a loved one passes, you never think about what they look like when they meet Jesus for the first time. I can imagine my mother looking as young and beautiful as ever. But was her hair short like it was when she passed or long like it was when she was young? Did she still have her freckles or was her complexion perfectly clear the way she had wished it was? Of course, I am sure she was wearing a white robe, but what about her feet? Because of the diabetes she had, she was a bit self-conscious of her feet. No problem! When we are in glory we receive a new body, and, Mom, that includes new feet and hands (she always used to say, "I have ugly hands," to which Dad would reply, "You have hard-working hands." I always thought she had beautiful hands. Aren't a mother's hands one of the most beautiful features about them to their children?).

In the song Christmas Shoes, a young boy knows that his mother is going to pass, but he wants to make sure that when she does she has the perfect, most beautiful shoes when she goes to see Jesus. The song was the basis for a movie called The Christmas Shoes. If you haven't seen it, I would encourage you to.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, there is something about a mother's hands that are so tender and sweet. And Ana is greatly missed. Everytime I hear that song I get choked up too, there was even a hallmark movie that went along with the song a few years ago.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails