Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Ever Learning

Proverbs 31:13- She looks for wool and flax and works with her hands in delight.

I think that when we decide that we no longer need to learn anything new, we begin to stagnate as human beings. There is so much out there for us to learn and do in the way of books to read to help us grow in our walk with the Lord, books to give us ideas on being better homemakers, wives, and mothers, new cooking techniques, sewing stitches, and a whole host of other ideas. I have decided to grow in all of the ways mentioned above, and this year, you will get to watch me try new things.


One thing I am presently doing is learning to knit. During the past week with Belinda, she taught me how to knit (those book diagrams literally left me in knots). I am going to be practicing my stitches for a bit before I launch something I am very excited to do.

I also went looking online at different sites to find free crochet (and knit) patterns. My favorite was Lion Brand Yarns. I found a beautiful jacket for me, an adorable sweater for Addie, and some ponchos for some little girls that I know (thinking next Christmas already).

I would encourage you to think of somethings that you would love to learn or do and then create a plan of attack to do it. Our Creator has put the desire in all of us to create things with our hands (a pretty good arguement against evolution in the idea alone). Now, I need to get back to my knitting swatch for some more practice.

********************************
Here is Perry Cuomo's version of the Little Drummer Boy. Some things are just timeless

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails