Saturday, January 23, 2010

Saturday Recipe Swap- Semi-homemade Spaghetti Sauce





Since today's post is about food, please let me brag on my baby girl for just a minute. She has been eating REAL food! For those of you that are newer readers, my daughter has had an oral sensitivity issue since birth. Because of that anything that had any kind of texture to it has caused her to gag or worse. She is the only child on earth that I know of who won't eat Cheerios.

This week she has had pretzels, oyster crakers, mac n' cheese, pastina with my semi-homemade spaghetti sauce, and she has chewed the sauce off of my pizza. I am one very excited mommy over here! I can't wait to introduce her to chocolate chip cookies!

Since Addie did so well with my spaghetti sauce this week, I thought I would share that with you this week.

Suzette's Semi-homemade Spaghetti Sauce

  • Chop one onion and one green pepper
  • Saute the onions and pepper until slightly tender
  • Add ground meat to onions and pepper. Cook until browned.
  • Drain meat.
  • Add one jar of store bought spaghetti sauce to meat.
  • Bring to a boil
  • Stir
  • Reduce heat to a simmer
  • Cover. Leave for about 30 minutes.
  • Serve over your favorite pasta.

3 comments:

  1. P.S. you can brag about your daughter any time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmmmmmm spaghetti!!! I'm so sad I can't have it right now!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you are feeling well soon, Nadine.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails