Saturday, February 20, 2010

Saturday Recipe Swap- Broccoli Casserole



I want to publicly say thank you to my husband for something he did quietly. Thursday night, I started feeling the beginnings of a headache, but because I knew I would be going to bed soon, I didn't bother taking anything for it. Big mistake! Overnight, it blew into a migraine which woke me up by 4:00 in the morning. By 6:30 when Brian was supposed to get ready for work, I was in horrible shape. Brian called in to work, got the day off, took over Addie's care, and let me stay in bed for as long as I needed to. I think the sweetest part of the whole ordeal was when I asked for a face massage to relieve some of the pressure. Brian put our little person on the bed with me, and while he was rubbing my forehead and head, she was rubbing my arms and cheeks. I wanted to cry because Addie was just being so sweet and gentle, but I was in too much pain to cry. By 3:00, in the afternoon I began feeling like a normal person again. But that didn't make a difference in the amount of care I received. He just continued caring for me, Addie, and our home. So, Brian, I just wanted to say thank you for being the wonderful you that you are. I love you.

*******************************************

The dish that I am going to share with you today is the first side dish that I made for us as a married couple. I coupled it with meatloaf for a very memorable dinner. Don't forget to check our Kristi's blog for her recipe today also. She comes up with some really great ones.

Broccoli Casserole

Ingredients

  • 1 or 2 packages frozen (thawed) chopped broccoli
  • 1 can cream of broccoli, cheese, or mushroom soup
  • 1/2 cup mayonaise
  • 4 eggs well beaten
  • 1 cup shredded cheese

Directions

  • Combine all ingredients except for 1/2 cup of cheese (I use a large mixing bowl to combine)
  • Put mixture in a casserole dish
  • Sprinkle remaining cheese on top
  • Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes
  • Serves 4-6

3 comments:

  1. Suzie, I keep trying to read your post about Addie and it says the page is not there :( I'm very sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry. I posted it, then took it down to be posted later this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I seee, I thought my computer wasn't cooperating!!! Love you! Addie's big day is this week!!!!!! The big 2!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails