Monday, March 1, 2010

Her Birthday Bash

This weekend I was blessed to have my cousin Belinda over. Did I said blessed? I meant BLESSED! It was so nice to have her company and her help on Saturday as we prepared for Addie's birthday bash with her grandparents. It was wonderful just chatting and having girl time. I also got a facial massage from her to die for! Thank you for your love and willingness to lend a hand, Belinda. You are always welcome in our home.
For dinner we had spaghetti with my semi-homemade spaghetti sauce. Belinda made a wonderful salad. Because we could only fit so many at the table, we had the grandparents' table and the young crowd in the living room.



Addie loves her grandparents and great-grandparents. I am so thankful that she has been given the opportunity to have a relationship with her great-grandparents.

The dress she wore was actually my dress from my 2 year old birthday party. Grandma Adelaida (lovingly known as Little Grandma and who Addie was named after) made the dress for me and also made a matching dress for my cousin Linda who was a year older than me. Mom saved the dress for me, and I was so excited when I was able to put it on my own daughter. Maybe it's just me, but I think she looks better in it than I did.

When it was time to open presents, Addie knew exactly what to do. I don't know if it was all of the practice she had last week at Baby CJ's birthday party where Aunt Catrina and Uncle Jimmy had her open his presents since he wasn't quite sure what to do, but when she saw the presents, she got right to work.

She showed an appreciation and gratitude for each gift she received (the cards got in her way, so she just tossed them aside). GrandTiti and Uncle Jack sent her some lollipops and cotton candy. She has really enjoyed them...from her high chair.

Everyone knew of her fascination with Elmo, so many of the books and coloring books had an Elmo theme.

Aunt Faye, I loved the dresses! I wish they were ny size!

This picture was actually taken after the rest of the party. She was changed out of my dress into something I didn't mind her getting dirty (after all, the dress has survived 32 1/2 years) and she enjoyed her first piece of birthday cake...okay, so it was more like ice cream and a few cake crumbs, but to me counted as birthday cake:).

Grandpops and Grandma gave her a ladybug pillow. It is not only cute but very soft.

The grandparents watching Addie open her gifts.

Belinda was such a blessing...have I mentioned that?


You know I had to have her cake with the Elmo theme!

Blowing out the candle! Happy birthday, Addie Girl!

4 comments:

  1. Looks like it was a wonderful time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you guys had a great time! You're so beautiful! I love your hair!!! I can't believe your little girl got to wear the dress you wore for your 2nd Bday! That's really sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nadine, your comment just made my day! Thank you. God gets the glory! My dad has the pictures from my 2nd birthday at his house (more pictures to do something with !). When I get them, I will definitely post a side by side of Addie and me.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails