Saturday, April 24, 2010

Saturday Recipe Swap- Mashed Cauliflower

This is a really quick, easy, healthy alternative to mashed potatoes. If your food processor is a fairly good sized one, then your experience making this will be less adventurous than my first time making this as a newly wed with one of those mini processor deals. I thought I would never finish!

Mashed Cauliflower
  • 1 medium cauliflower head
  • 2 tbsp. cream cheese
  • Parmesean cheese
  • Salt to taste

Directions

  • Boil cauliflower for 10 minutes.
  • Put cauliflower and cream cheese (and a dash of salt) in food processor until mashed and creamy.
  • Sprinkle with Parmesean Cheese to serve

2 comments:

  1. I've always been suspicious about this b/c I'm not a fan of cauliflower. So does it REALLY taste like mashed potatoes? I know on cooking shows those people say it's a great healthy alternative, but I'm not brave enough to try it :-) Yet. Hope you have a great Saturday Suzette!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My inlaws make a similar recipe and I have to say I actually think mashed cauliflower is quite yummy! :0) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails