Friday, April 23, 2010

Simplicity- Clear Out the Email Box

Before I get a chance to do anything at the computer, I have this thing about having all of my emails read and my box up to date. However, sometimes that can be a bit time consuming when my email box reaches a whopping 52 emails and most of them are advertisers or other non-actual-people-related emails.

I did this two years ago and it is something I am doing again right now (you know, my whole Spring Cleaning thing)- I cleaned out the email box and unsubscribed to everything completely unnecessary to me. I also went through all of the email that I kept, deleted ones that I no longer need, made folders for ones that I want to keep, and brought my emails down to a bare minimum. It is something that I find myself having to do yearly.

In fact by making folders for things like specific peoples names, recipes, pictures, and other folders that are related to the types of emails that I get, I was able to bring my email box from 149 down to 9. For the next two weeks the process will be a little tedious as I will be opening alot of the emails I get just to unsubscribe, but once that is done, my email box will pretty much only get emails that I want. To me, it is well worth the effort to see my email box containing emails from only those I (actually) know and love.

4 comments:

  1. oh suzie, this is a great one! i'm going to ask john to help me do this over the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great reminder Suzette! It's been awhile since I've done this, and you're right, it makes things so much easier! Plus it's harder to "forget" to answer e-mails b/c they're buried 30 deep on your list.- Adding this to my to-do list today :-) Hope you're having a wonderful Friday so far! Come join our Windy Poplars Neighborhood if you're interested in meeting some new friends (and invite your old friends to come along too)! I hope this idea takes off...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for vacation days :-) Hope you enjoyed your relaxing day w/ your hubby! I'm looking forward to one w/ mine tomorrow.- Happy Friday to you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and P.S.: I changed my blog button a little bit b/c it was a little fuzzy to read. Hopefully it is a little easier to see now, but it does mean that you have to re-get it. Trying to give everyone who has grabbed it so far the heads up!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails