Saturday, May 1, 2010

Saturday Recipe Swap- Lazagna Roll Ups and a Quick Deal

In all honesty I have not made these in years. It is a recipe I got from an old cookbook I had bought myself while waiting for God to send "the one" for me. They are absolutely delicious. Instead of using lazagna, you could even use jumbo shells with the filling. It is a great make ahead dinner also.

One thing I would recommend is that you read through the directions before attempting. They seem long and tedious, but they really aren't.

Now that I think of it, I might surprise Brian with them sometime this week...or next week. Shhh, don't tell him!

Lazagna Roll Ups

Ingredients

  • 8 oz. (9 pieces) lazagna noodles
  • 2 c Ricotta cheese
  • 1/2 c shredded mozarella cheese
  • 2 tbsp Parmesean cheese
  • 2 tbsp dried parsley flakes
  • 1 egg
  • dash of salt
  • dash of pepper
  • 1/2 tsp oregano
  • 1 3/4 c spaghetti sauce

Directions

  • Preheat oven to 350* F or you can use a microwave.
  • Cook lazagna noodles according to package directions; drain well.
  • Separate noodles and lay out flat on waxed paper or aluminum foil to keep from sticking
  • Combine ricotta, mozzarella, parmesean, parsley flakes, egg oregano, salt and pepper for filling in medium mixing bowl.
  • Spread about 1/4 cup of cheese filling on each noodle to within 1 inch at one end.
  • Beginning at filled end, roll up noodle in jelly roll fashion.
  • Pour about 3/4 of the sauce on bottom of 9x11 inch microwavable dish or casserole dish.
  • Place roll ups seam side down in single layer in pan.
  • Cover with remaining sauce.
  • Sprinkle with additional parmesean cheese if desired.
  • Cover with waxed paper; microwave on high for 8-12 minutes or until filling is hot and bubbly, or cook in over for 20 minutes.

************************************

Woohoo! What a little extra sleep will do for a body. No waking up before dawn for me today! For those of you who live in the Tampa area, Mosi (the Museum of Science and Industry) is have a $5 day today. Not only do you get access to the museum itself, but from my understanding, you also get a movie and a planetarium viewing. Have a great Saturday!

2 comments:

  1. A friend of mine gave me this recipe at a wedding shower, and I love it! One time (a few years ago) we decided to have a silly date night, and eat dinner with our hands. Of course I had to make something nice and messy, and these fit the bill. It was a blast!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails