Thursday, May 13, 2010

Who Am I and Why Am I Here?

Who Am I?

I am a born again Christian. And although in this day and age calling yourself that does not carry with it the same kind of honor and respect as it once did, I am proud (in a humble way) to say that I am a follower of Jesus Christ…the One who died for me…the One who rose again so that I can have a relationship with God the Father…and the One who I look forward to seeing face to face.

I am a wife. I had prayed for the relationship I now have with my wonderful husband, Brian, and God answered my request in His time. Although I am still working on the area of submission (we all know we are right…if the other person would just do what we “suggest”), I know that God has placed Brian as the head of our family to guide us and lead us. As his wife, I need to keep him in constant prayer so that he will listen to God’s direction, and I need to do my job here at home so that he knows that I do not take his hard work for granted. I love you, Brian.

I am a mother. I have been given the privilege by God to have children, and although I only have one right now, I am open to having as many God wants to bless us with. I am not just a mother. I am a stay-at-home mother. God has blessed me with the opportunity to stay at home to teach our daughter. And although the world many times looks at women who stay home and take on “domestic duties” as cheating themselves of a grander life, I have chosen to do the unsung tasks, the chores, the cleaning, cooking, washing, child-care, etc., and to find joy in all of them. I have answered the greatest calling… to teach a new generation that there is a God who loves them and who is alive and well, and wants a personal relationship with them.

This is who I am. This is who I am proud to be. This is all I want to be. There are no better titles in all the world.

Why Am I Here (on a Blog)?

First and foremost, it is an avenue for me to share my faith in Jesus Christ and my relationship with Him. I am first and foremost a born-again believer in Jesus Christ, and my writing should (and hopefully does) reflect that at all times.

It is a way for me to keep track of the day-to-day events of our family in journal form. I have always enjoyed writing and journaling, and this is a way for me (and you, my dear blogging friends) to see what is going on in my thought process as I grow in my relationship with God and in my roles as a wife and mother. I have always found that it is easier to think new thoughts when the old thoughts have been written down.

It is also a way for me to generate journaling for my family scrapbook pages and also to share the journaling on my scrapbook pages with you.

This is who I am and why I am here. Hope your Thursday is as terrific as you all are!

2 comments:

  1. This is a lovely post. Thanks for your honesty! I'm glad you are here. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing an amazing job as a mommy Suzette, Addie is remarkably smart!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails