Monday, September 27, 2010

Her Husband's Partner

"She is her husband's partner in every sense."

As I walked through our office the other day, my eye caught a book I have had since high school graduation but have never really read.  The book is Little House in the Ozarks by Laura Ingallas Wilder and is a collection of articles that she wrote for her local newpaper before she ever wrote her more popular series Little House.  I have fallen in love with the real Laura Ingalls Wilder. 

She is so real, practical, and home centered. 

The one phrase that I read that really moved me was a phrase by John F. Case as he described the woman that he knew as Laura Ingalls Wilder- "She is her husband's partner in sense..."

What a comment to have made about the relationship people see between a husband and wife.  I later found out that because of Almanzo's health, Laura had to help in the running and managing of the farm.  She did not view the chores as his and hers but as theirs.

Rather than break apart and anylize this phrase, I am only going to leave you with a question today.  Are we our husband's partner in every sense?

  

1 comment:

  1. Love this post! I am definately going to remember this statement because I want that with Chuck! With the statement about Laura, it makes me think that no matter how many years ago it happens to be, it relates today as well just like the Bible!!! Thanks, Suzette!!!

    Kathy McCain

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails