Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Life Lessons from Biblical Characters

Genesis 15:1 "After these things the word of the Lord came unto Abram in a vision, saying, Fear not, Abram: I am thy shield, and thy exceeding great reward."

We are back to our normal schedule of Tuesday Life Lessons, and I decided to once and for all change the title to Life Lessons from Biblical Characters. 

Going into a New Year, so many times we think of the blank slate, the new opportunities, the fresh start that a New Year offers us.  New, fresh, and starting over seem to be words of relief for so many.  Although we can start over at any point in time, we seem to look to January as the official start for a second chance.

So let's start over with this verse in mind.

Fear not.  Do not fear about what is coming up in your life or circumstances.

Why not?  Because has promised to be our Shield.  He will protect us from whatever may come our way with the intentions of harming us.

Rejoice!

Why?  Because He has promised to be our exceedingly great reward.  Not just a reward, but our exceedingly great reward.  I have learned this past year to not ask for what I think I can get, but to ask for what may seem to be out of reach, what may seem like it is too big to ask for. 

He answers.

I have seen Him answer, and I believe that He will continue to answer. 

So let us go into this New Year with a fresh start in our thinking.  That we will not fear because God is our shield, and He will be our exceedingly great reward. 

1 comment:

  1. God always has the best promises for us. Thanks for the reminder! I'm so glad I KNOW Him!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails