Monday, February 14, 2011

Recipe | Meatball and Vegetable Stew

I just wanted to wish my Valentine a wonderful Valentine's Day! Thank you for asking me to marry you and for being the best man for me. I love you dearly, and I look forward to spending the rest of my life with you.

*********************************************
Are you ready for a delicious meal that takes all of five to ten minutes to put together, cooks all day filling your home with delicious smells, and tastes as good as it smells?

Well, this is it!

It comes from my trusty Better Homes and Gardens New Cook Book 12th Edition (p. 232), and it was so easy to make that I threw it all together right before walking out the door with Addie to get to library time. 

The direction are for a 3 1/2- 4 quart slow cooker.  If you have a 5-6 quart (like I do), they suggest that you double the recipe, which makes 8 servings.

Ingredients

1 16-18 oz. package frozen cooked meatballs
1/2 of a 16 oz. package (about 2 cups) loosepacked frozen broccoli, corn, and red sweet peppers, or other mixed vegetables
1 14 1/2 oz. can diced tomatoes with onion and garlic, or stewed tomatoes, undrained
1 12 oz. jar mushroom gravy
1/3 cup water
1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil, crushed (I just used italian seasoning)

Directions
  1. In a 3 1/2-4 quart crockery/ slow cooker place cooked meatballs and mixed vegetables (unthawed). In a bowl stir together tomatoes, gravy, water, and basil. pour over meatballs vegetables.
  2. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 6 to 8 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 to 4 hours.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails