Friday, April 1, 2011

Memories | And I Quote

If you have little ones or kids of any age, they are garunteed to leave you with quotes that are hilarious and unforgetable.  Be sure to jot them down in some way- a notebook, scrapbook, text message, email, blog, or some other way that works for you.  Having these quotes to look back on will be priceless in the years to come, and you will not run the risk of forgetting those little quotes.
Addie is a storehouse of funny quotes, quips, remarks, and observances.  I am amazed at things she picks up (at this point, I think I should stop being amazed because it happens so often) and how she puts things together in ways that make sense to her and also make sense to us.

The other day I cut up some strawberries for her, but a leaf snuck its way into her bowl. She found the leaf and said, "Mommy, I don't eat leaves.  Only dinosaurs eat leaves."  Ummmm, okay.  We don't need to go into their complete diet yet. 


On Wednesday, Titi Elsie (Lala) came for a visit.  Addie had gone down for a nap but was not asleep when Lala arrived.  I decided to just let Addie stay up and enjoy Lala's company.  She looked out the window, saw Lala walking up the sidewalk, and started jumping up and down shouting "Lala's here!"  When Titi Elsie walked in the door, Addie shouted, "Oh, Mommy!   I'm so happy and excited!  Lala's here!"  How do you tell her to lie down after that?


On Tuesday, Addie came up to me and said, "Mommy, I don't feel so good.  I think I have gas."  What! Where did that come from?  But you know what?  She was right.

Later that day, I told Addie that Mommy needed her help.  I needed her to take the dinner plates outside to the back porch since we were eating outside for dinner.  She looked at me, and said in her most sympathetic voice, "Oh, the poor little mommy needs help." Brian and I died laughing.


We have been going on line and seeing the baby's growth progress (the size of a peach this week).  Addie loves looking at "the baby".  She usually starts talking to the baby in "baby talk", pretends to take it off the screen in her hands, and carefully walks it to the playroom to look at the toys.


Yesterday morning, when Addie woke up, she told me, "Mommy, I missed you and Daddy all night!"  What is there to say?  I have a sweetie pie wrapped around my heart.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails