Tuesday, November 8, 2011

It's a Good Thing....

I've never been one to clean my whole house in one shot.  However, I was having a hard time keeping up with my "one room a day" method since Ian's arrival.  During a conversation with Brian where I was trying to figure out a solution, he suggested that I do my house cleaning on Saturday morning and he would watch the kids and entertain them.

Saturday morning came and after our favorite breakfast of French toast, I got right to work.  It took about three hours, but our home was cleaned, floors vacuumed and mopped, and I was even able to spot clean the carpets. 


This week has been wonderful!  After doing my regular quick clean in the morning, which includes making beds and cleaning breakfast dishes, the rest of my time is for my children with no lists of things to do running in the back of my head.  I have enjoyed moments with Ian where I just lay on the floor beside him while he smiled, cooed, and kicked his arms and legs in every direction imaginable.  I have been able to play with Addie, read to her, do our school time, and just chat with her.  I am not exhausted when Brian comes home from work because I am able to nap without the stress of knowing I should be spending my time cleaning this or that. 

Of course, we learn things by trial and error, and we are able to tweak things to make them a more perfect fit for us.  I think that this coming Saturday, after Ian's first feeding in the morning (somewhere between 5 and 6 a.m.), I'll just stay up and get right to work that way when the family wakes up, I just have a few things left to finish up and the rest of the day is ours to spend however we wish to.

So, for now, I have found a new method that I am really loving.  It's a really good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails