Tuesday, November 22, 2011

My Big Boy


...and yes, his onesie says, "I love Mom" because he really does! And take a look at those little jeans! And that double chin! Oh, the cuteness!  Ahem, getting back to why I really posted....

Yesterday was one of those days filled with anticipation and dread.  It was the day of Ian's two month appointment.  Two months! I can't believe it! Anyway, I was excited to see how much he had grown (I knew it was a lot since my arm starts to cramp if I have held him very long) but he was going to get shots (an infant crying because of pain they don't understand has to be one of the most painful sounds for a mommy).

The Little Man is a whopping 12 pounds 6 ounces (68%) and 23 1/2 inches long (76%)!  It is no wonder!  He eats like a champ still and will even wake from a nap right on time for his feedings.  He is still on a 2 1/2 hour feeding schedule and we have worked out a great (temporary) schedule around those feedings. 

On Sunday into Monday, he slept through the night until I woke him up at 5:30 a.m. to eat.  He was not too happy with me for waking him up.  The nerve!  The doctor told me to keep him on the 2 1/2 hour feedings for another month if I don't want to throw off the restful nights.

The vaccines/shots caused him to sleep a lot afterward, which gave Addie Girl and me time to set up her little Christmas tree in her room (I know I'm early, but I like having Christmas decorating done with so I can focus on other things).

Click here to see a 2 minute video of the little guy taken just before he was 7 weeks old.  He is now 2 months, almost 9 weeks.

My boy is growing! And thank God, we don't have another appointment until January.... with shots.
 

1 comment:

  1. You are so funny Suzette!!!! I laughed with you through this whole post! Ahem!!! The nerve!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails