Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Outtakes, Sweet Moments, and Funny Comments

Over the last few weeks, we have had our share of laughs and "awww" moments around here.  Here are a few of the best.


A few weeks ago, after feeding Ian, I took the opportunity to fit my shower in thinking that since he had just eaten, I had some time (Brian was home and could watch the munchies).... think again.  Ian began fussing, and big sister decided that she knew the solution. 

"Daddy, why don't you give Ian milk from your flowers."

"Daddy's don't have milk in their flowers.  Only Mommys do."

"Oh, you only have apple juice?" (We still can't figure out where she came up with that one.)

***********************************
While at Grandma's house one day, Addie was listening to one of the stories on CD that Grandma had gotten her.  At the end of the CD are several children's Sunday school songs.  One came on that was done in the Blue Grass style. Mom L made the comment that she didn't care for Blue Grass.  Addie piped in with, "I don't like blue grass.  I like green grass."

***********************************
Addie loves Sunday school and Awana.  During the second service on Sunday mornings, parents sign up to take a rotation in watching the children.  One Sunday we asked her what she learned in Sunday school that day.  Instead she told us about her teachers. "They said they were teachers, but they were Daniel's Mommy and Daddy." I guess that disqualified them from being teachers?

***********************************
The evening that Addie stayed over Grandma and Pop's home, Brian and I sat in the living room and began chuckling.  We began going back and forth saying the lines that Addie uses to prolong her having to go to bed.

"Mommy, I'm hungry." (The only time of the day she wants to eat!)

"Daddy, I'm thirsty."

"Mommy, I have to go potty."

"Daddy, I can't find Taffy."

"Mommy, I'll sleep on the sofa, but I won't look at the TV."

"Daddy, I can't find my cat."

"I don't know how to sleep."

We looked at each other and said, "As much as we have to get on her for trying to stay up, I actually miss that little voice right about now."

Brian and I are convinced that the creators of Veggie Tales had our Addie in mind when they came up with the following song- Bedtime Songs with Junior



1 comment:

  1. So cute - and thank you so much for the book it arrived this weekend! I cannot wait to start reading it.
    Love hearing Addie's little funnisims. Precious moments! ha ha

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails