Thursday, October 27, 2011

My Little Cubbie

The big thing for us right now is Awana.  It is a church run program where children work their way through books by doing lessons and memorizing scripture and earning patches/badges for their vests by completing sections in their workbooks. 

As of right now, she has memorized (in the 4 year old version):
1 John 4:10
Romans 3:23
Romans 5:8
1 John 4:8
Genesis 1:1
Ecclesiastes 3:11

The program is also fun filled and exciting with different themed evenings.  The evening pictured was Crazy Sock Night.  Addie and I had a blast figuring out which socks she would wear.  One is mine one is hers.  And of course, the only way to see the crazy match up we picked out was by wearing them over her pants. 

She loves Awana, and she looks forward each week to going.  At home, she always asks to do the work in her book, to memorize her verses, and "Is it Crazy Sock Night again?"  Her teachers are the sweetest ladies and genuinely love her and get excited when we come to class (always a good feeling for Mommy). 

When I went to pick her up from her class on Crazy Sock Night, her vest had come in.  She was so proud to wear it and she looked so cute!

I look at her so many times and cannot get over how big she is getting so quickly.  I am both happy and sad at the same time.  She is growing up which is a necessary part of life, but I miss my baby and don't want the years to go by too quickly. 

Oh, my little Cubbie. You make me so proud!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails