Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Dear Addie......

You are such an awesome little girl. I know I tell you that a lot, even if you don't understand what it really means.  It means that I think you are fantastic, super, and the greatest 3-almost-4-year-old I know! Neither of us is perfect (although I expect you to be your best) but I love you just the way you are. 

You have personality. There is no dullness to you. You have spunk, wit, determination, a great sense of humor, sincerity, and honesty all rolled together to make you who you are. Don't ever change the person that God created you to be because we love you just the way you are. 

You have a zest and love for life that is so contageous. Everything is such an exciting adventure for you. We don't usually tell you about our plans until right before they happen, but when you do find out, I always love your reaction. "I'm so excited!" is your usual response. This past weekend, we went to see (according to you) the "Christmas tree that sings." From the moment you spotted it, you were beside yourself with excitment.  When the lights went out, the music began, and the tree lights began flickering, the smile that you had was priceless.  It was one of wonder, thrill, and absolute joy. Your enthusiasm for life sometimes brings tears to my eyes as I catch myself "growing up." You don't realize how much you help Mommy see the wonder in even the little things. 

You have a huge smile. When you smile, your whole face smiles and so do those around you. Your smile reminds me of the joy that God brought to our lives by giving you to us. You came at the perfect time, and you are a present from God to us. That really makes Daddy and me smile.

You are my favorite daughter. I had to wait until I found out that we were having a boy to tell you that. But now that we have a boy and a girl, I can shout it from the mountain tops, "Addie, you are my favorite daughter!" I love when you shout back, "You're my favorite daughter, too!" You'll get it one day, but I am so glad that you don't just yet. All you know is that the word favorite is in there, and you know what that means.

You are getting so big. But I don't want to stop picking you up yet. Not yet. There will come a time in the not too distant future when you will be too big for me to physically carry, but until then, I will carry you all you want (I may have to put you down momentarily to give my arms a break). I carry you in to the house when you have fallen asleep in the car while on our way home from running errands. I carry you in the living room when we are dancing together. I carry you in the mornings when the ground is too cold for your bare feet as we walk Daddy to his work van. And I will always carry you in prayer to the Lord and in my heart, because those are two places that you can never out grow.

You are such a good girl. You have your moments (and Mommy does, too), but that doesn't keep you from  being a good girl. You have such a big, sweet, and loving heart. You are so thoughtful and tender to those around you.  You love those who most people ignore, and you treat everyone without bias. It made me so happy when you asked Jesus into your heart, because you realized on your own that even good girls need Jesus to clean their hearts.

I love you, Addie.
Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails