Tuesday, December 13, 2011

So Far.... Aspects of the Season That I am Loving

...Christmas shopping. It can be fun! Knowing what family and friends are into and enjoy helps make shopping for them so much fun. I can't wait for Brian to see what's under the tree!

...Having a daughter who is in complete awe of everything this year and excited beyond words about the presents under the tree. This means Christmas morning is going to be a blast.

...Having friends over for fun and baking.

...Watching Christmas movies with Brian and Addie (Ian is basically just hanging out).  Netflix has a really cute selection.

...Having our yearly visit with GrandTiti and Uncle Jack. Thoroughly enjoyed!

...Seeing the lighted Christmas tree near where my sister Faye and her husband live.  Addie's face beamed the entire time. I really missed Brian..... he was working a lot of overtime this weekend.

...The different holiday flavors of coffee creamer available only at this time of the year. * Contented sigh...........*

...Drinking a cup of hot Wildberry Zinger tea thanks to a dear friend. So nice as our Florida weather cools down. Hmmmm.... excuse me for a second while I make some.......

...Seeing how excited Addie gets every morning as she opens her one "gift". Thinking that next year I may order a few new ones to throw into the rotation.

...Listening to Christmas music as we drive or are doing our regular activities at home. Deck the halls with boughs of holly. Fa-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la!  Be thankful you can't hear me right now!

...Hearing the song "Mary, Did You Know" sung beautifully at church and having it hit me like it never has before because I was holding my infant son at the time. How her heart must have broken........

...Looking for Christmas lights with Addie as we are driving around and hearing her "oooh" and "aaaah" over the simplest displays. What an awesome kid she is!

...Listening to Addie "read" books to Ian about the first Christmas and hearing him coo and giggle in response. *Another contented sigh....*

It really doesn't take much to make me happy.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails